1. Explore a podcasting site like Podcast.com or Odeo.
2. Search for a podcast on a topic of your choice and listen to it. Post a link to the podcast and blog your reactions.
Advanced Optional Exercise: If you have an iPod, use your home
computer to subscribe to a podcast. Blog about your experience.
I love podcasts! The idea of having content delivered to me so I can listen to it at my convenience is wonderful. I subscribe to more podcasts than I have time for through iTunes, but one of my absolute favorites is NPR's program, StoryCorps. It's a project where everyday Americans interview a significant person in their life about any topic of their choice. I love it for so many reasons--the stories (big and small) reflect our humanity in its range of experiences and emotions. I love that people from all over the country have a chance to participate through the roving recording booths, preserving regional variations of our culture at this moment in time. I also love that this phenomenal record of oral history will live for years to come at the National Archives. Here is a link to the StoryCorps podcast directory, which allows you to subscribe to podcasts using iTunes, Zune, and Yahoo, or to download mp3s.
This is the first time I've explored Podcast.com. The ability to explore channels by subject or search by keyword was useful. Heretofore, I've relied on iTunes for my podcast content. I prefer the iTunes interface, but I appreciate having alternatives, since not all podcasts are formatted in ways that I can play on my iPod. Knowing about these other website options will be great for when I get my new mp3 player-woohoo--only 2 more things to go!!! Now if I just had the time to listen to the podcasts I subscribe to.....
No comments:
Post a Comment