Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 9 - Finding Feeds

In Thing #9 of OCL's 23 Things Web Challenge, we're asked to add more newsfeeds that interest us to our newly created Bloglines account.

I searched for feeds using Topix.net, Syndic8, and Technorati, and of the three, I preferred Technorati. I liked the functionality of the tabs at top for posts, blogs, photos, and videos and I found the layout more visually pleasing. I used the same search terms for all 3 sites, and I found the best results on Technorati. Still, rather than using these RSS search engines, I think I'm more apt to discover feeds I like in the course of my web surfing by clicking on those little icons.

The thing is...I already feel like I'm on information overload. I can't see myself searching for a lot more feeds above the initial 10-15 that I've already selected for these exercises. Who can keep up with that kind of constant stream of information?

No comments: